For some people gaining weight or adding muscles can be as difficult as losing weight for others. “If you want to make more muscle cells, you need to eat more food.” Exercise and fitness are forever linked to weight loss. But at the same time, it is also important for weight gain or adding muscles. : Simply adding an adequate amount of certain foods to your diet can make your weight gain healthier as well as effective. Here are some diet strategies to gain weight.
- Eat frequently: Make time for 3 large meals and 2-3 snacks every day.
- Eat larger: Increase your portion sizes. For example, if you are having 2 scrambled eggs with a whole bread in breakfast. You can increase it to 3 scrambled eggs with a whole bread and one whole apple.
- Eat high-calorie food: Choose dry fruits, starchy vegetables, dense whole grains, and beans. You can also make your home-cooked food energy-dense. For example, make your roti in milk or add soybean flour to your wheat flour for making your roti.
- Add lots of “EXTRAS” to food: Don’t eat anything plain – – add healthy unsaturated fats in the form of olive and canola oil, nuts, seeds, peanut butter, avocados and more.
Add healthy Carbs and Protein in the form of dried fruits, wheat germ, non-fat milk, and milk products and more.
- Make beverages count: Drink shakes, milk, juices and more instead of coffee tea and carbonated beverages.
- Exercise: Exercise, especially strength training, can help you gain weight by building up your muscles and may also stimulate your appetite.
As we say, “Exercise to lose weight”, same goes with weight gain. We should “Exercise to Gain Weight”. Especially strength training is a key to weight gain as it builds up the muscle and stimulates the appetite.
- Supplements you can include: For weight gain, a high-calorie energy-dense formula works the best.
Six Pack Nutrition Bulk high-calorie energizing carbs and muscle-building protein 5:1 Turbocharge formula is loaded with 11 Vitamins with no artificial sweeteners and no synthetic colors. You just have to mix 1 scoop of 140 gm of Bulk into 300 ml of cold milk and mix it until completely dissolved.